Search This Blog

Friday, July 12, 2013

My journey to a great pair of shorts part deux


I finished the shorts! Yeah!my very first pair of great shorts.  Here is the review

Fabric - a red/pink cotton sateen from Joann fabrics
Amount- about 1 1/4 yards. This was a remnant piece in my stash from my attempt at v8815
Pattern. Vogue basic design

This pattern is really for a dressy pair of shorts. I opted for the walking short length with side vent and side pockets. The pattern was really easy I didn't really use the instructions. And total sewing time was about 1 hr. I made several fitting adjustments to the pattern. Since the fabric was stretchy I had to cut down a size to get my adjustments. The shorts are still a little big in the leg. But I am so proud of them I don't care.  



No comments: