Search This Blog

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Next Up Chanel like jacket



I have been digging the Chanel like jacket for some time. This year Lanebryant had them in blue boucle for spring. Very cute however too short for me. I need a jacket to hit just above the hip. So with inspiriation from Claire Kennedy and the go chanel or go home blog and a great sale from Banach's fabric store here in Cincinnati,and my Nancy Zieman Pivot and Slide DVD & Book, i feel i have the armor to go into battle.

Several weeks ago Banach's had a great sale. Up to 75% off fabric. Banach's is a fine fabric store they have superb selections of silk, wool and other expensive fabrics. I can only visit the store when i have a lot of cash and they have a big sale. On this Haul i picked up some Silk tweed. Oh My Goodness can i just tell you about this product. THe original price was $32.95 per yard. Yikes! but at 75% off i decided to buy all that was on the bolt ( something like 3 yards). Check out the photo below. Here you will see my fabric, lining and now i need to find a trim and buttons.
From GO Chanel or Go Home
From GO Chanel or Go Home




The pattern: Initially i wanted to use Vogue V7975 and was all set to use this. However while browsing my BWOF stash i found this great jacket from the Burda Feburary 2010 magazine. Perfect! Hopefuly i can start my Muslin within the next few days.



No comments: