Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Simplicity 2840

From 2010-03-02-0842-17


In my previous blog i wrote that i was sidetracked. I finished my sidetracked garment and just love it! Here is my review of this comfy frock.

Pattern Description: loose fitting knit dress

Pattern Sizing: 18W-32W I did the 28W and could have done a 24W

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? No, the photo of this dress on the package is rather ugly. You are unable to see the details in the bodice. I think my photo turned out better

Were the instructions easy to follow? The instructions were very easy. This is a weekender dress or maybe even a sewn in an afternoon dress.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?I selected this pattern becuase of the sleeve on view B. I just loved that flowing look. This pattern was a surprise in that it does fit very nicely and does not give the plus size girl that Pregnant look. I dislike the sizing. I had to reduce the shoulder by about 2 inches and it's still a little too big. I took the waist band in and waist in about 2.5 inches and that is after gathering. in summary the dress is a little big without alterations.

Fabric Used: A beautiful colbolt blue Matte Jersey from Fabric.com

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: had to reduce the shoulder by about 2 inches and it's still a little too big. I took the waist band in and waist in about 2.5 inches and that is after gathering. in summary the dress is a little big without alterations. THe hem is to be hand sewn but i will use a twin needle to sew in the hem. Before i did that i used Steam a Seam to attach the hem and this gave the hem some weight becuase this stuff curls badly. With the steam a seam the hem looks very professional

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes i will sew this again. This dress can be dressy or casual depending on which pattern option you choose.

Conclusion:
Overall this is a great casual dress or dressy dress. I would recommend it for those needing to find some mojo it's easy and will get your wheels spinning.

From 2010-03-02-0842-17


From 2010-03-02-0842-17


From 2010-03-02-0842-17

No comments: