Search This Blog

Monday, September 20, 2010

Vogue 8615

Vintage...i love vintage dresses.  I am especially fond of dresses from the hollywood movies in the 40's and 50's.  My most favorite dress is Audrey Hepburns dress in Sabrina.  If you recall Sabrina wore a circle skirt dress while sitting in the Tree watching David be the typical playboy.  Well Vogue 8615 reminds me of that dress.  I made the dress out Bridal Silk picked up from the Joann Fabrics Red Tag table last winter.  The $20.00per yard silk was only $1.50 Per Yard after a coupon so i grabbed about 7 yards.  I lined the dress with ambience lining in gold.  The color is not pink but more of a blush and in the store it looked nude.  I recived many compliments on this dress.  The pattern goes to size 24 has custom fitting for up to a D cup.  I still had to do a 2 " FBA and expand the waist by 2".  I eliminated the zipper because i ran out of time to finish the dress for my special event this saturday.  I wore the dress with a white cashmere sweater and a crystal pin.  Oh so vintage.  Excuse the wrinkles.  I wore the dress for about 12 hours on Saturday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is really a sweet, sweet dress. And I love the wrinkles, keep them!