Search This Blog

Friday, September 17, 2010

It's the Fabric and not the pattern


Hello blog world. I know it's been a long time since i blogged but a lot has happened. So i won't go into details...LOL I have been sewing and the disasters are endless. Recently i was in Joann fabrics in a very posh part of Cincinnati attempting to find some knit to play with. I Purchased Hot Patterns Sunshine weekender pattern and i was anxious to try it. While waiting in line to have this cut.. A lady across the cutting table was being praised for how beautiful her outfit was. Her sewing was impeccable. The worker cutting asked her what pattern it was. I think she said See & Sew. The women in the store gasped..Literaly. So the woman said "it's not the pattern that makes the outfit it is the fabric." I swear you could hear the chimes ringing for each woman that finally came to the same conclusion right there in the store. Finally i get it....My success in sewing has not been as great i would like to believe..however the few pieces that have turned out beautiful have been because of the fabric. SO now it's time to think about what i want to sew instead of seeing it only with my imagination.

1 comment:

Myra said...

About your last comment, sooooo very, very true! I always think about what I want to sew and do it, makes all the difference in the world!!