Search This Blog

Monday, December 24, 2012

Butterick B4161 - Girls Dress & Short Set

Super Fast Project



This afternoon the 9 year old niece came to me and with the saddest voice - Autnie i don't have any pajamas. Well despite the fact that she was wearing a pair........I rushed down to the sewing cave, the Diva Den, to whip up a pair for the sad face.  On Friday i picked up B4161 because of the jumper.  The jumper dress will be made for the same 9 year old.  But i decided to work on the short & top set.  This outfit took from fit, cut,sew and Last Press 55 Minutes.  I did not follow the directions.  I attempted to on the shorts but the instructions were....WEIRD! and i was totally confused so i constructed the shorts in my way.  Stitched the front and back together ad the instead, stitch the outside seam and then with right sides together matching front to front and back to back stitch the crotch seam.  Walla! a super fast pair of shorts.  Of course these shorts are a bit LARGE on the kid but she runs around the house doing gymnastics and super hero stuff all the time so she needed leg room.

I made the set out of some Green & White stripe linen i picked up from Joann's red tag table about 3 years ago.  If it looks familiar it should because i used the Blue & White stripe on the Pajama top i made for my sister on Friday. Here is my review


Pattern Description:
GIRLS’/GIRLS’ PLUS TOP, DRESS AND SHORTS: Loose-fitting top or A-line dress, above mid-knee has back neck slit. A: narrow hem. Loose-fitting shorts have elastic waist, attached tie and stitched hems.

Pattern Sizing:
IN CHOOSING YOUR SIZE RANGE, SELECT THE APPROPRIATE LETTER ONLY: A(7-8-10-12-14); B(101/2-121/2-141/2-161/2) I stitched a 16 1/2 and may do another pair in a 12 1/2

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes this looked like the photo on the envelope

Were the instructions easy to follow?
I didn't use the instructions however, step two on the  instructions is a bit confusing.  So decided to put the shorts togehter in my own way.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I like how super fast this pattern is.  You know how at times you sew something so complicated that you really just want a simple quick project?  Well this was a mojo rebuilder!


Fabric Used:
Green & White Linen Blend from Joann Fabrics Red Tag Table 3 years ago.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I did not do the ties in this pattern.  Instead i inserted an elastic piece

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I absolutely recommend this pattern

Conclusion:
Super pattern for quick outfits.  I have already made teh dress but i need to spruce it up a bit.


No comments: