Search This Blog

Friday, December 21, 2012

Jacket Butterick B5147 -Part 4 RIP IT APART

Rip it apart!

Ok enough is enough I must rip this thing apart. Oh if only I had made the proper adjustment up front. I would not be ripping out already trimmed and graded pieces to then sew back together at 3/8" or less. The good thing is that I am making notes. For example. - stitch 1/4" seam at back neck line. Collar trimmed and graded. Of course I used white thread on this white and silver fabric and it wouldn't be right if I could actually see the thread :(. So to the bright lamp to rip this apart.

There is a benefit to this. I will use the book tailoring that I mentioned in post1. For example I realize I need a back stay. This fabric grows on you even after washing and pressing it gains In Width. The fabric also frays like mad. I have silver string everywhere I have vaccumed the diva den often.

So here is the plan. Rip it apart reduced the back seam by adjusting the broad back adjustment take out the shoulder dart. Finish the edges. Put it all back together with a few tailoring techniques. I am also thinking about adding a vent to the back of the jacket. Am I doing to much, maybe, but the reality is that I am genuinely having fun.


Till next time

Next project: Vogue 1329 Kay Unger color block dress.






No comments: