Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Jacket Butterick b5147 - part 2

Now I cut out my pattern pieces with my adjustments from part one. There aren't many but again my goal is to take my time and control my sewing ADD. Here are the tools I used.

1 rotary cutter
1 pair of super sharp sisccors.
1 80/11needle. Now this fabric is a jacquard and is thick and as you will learn later stretchy according to the rules I should use a 90-14 needle but I decided not too can't explain why. But it seemed right
2 spools of gutterum white polyester thread
1 spool of silk thread


I decided to mark my sewing lines and darts etc. by machine. I used black cotton thread and a white bobbin. I marked in black on the wrong side of the fabric. I forgot to add in my last post that I had to lengthen the front facing 4" so that it matched.

Next I interfaced using the Pelion easy tailor fusible. Now please note I recently purchased the book Tailoring - creating the perfect jacket. And I now realize I used the wrong interfacing. But It's ok I will fix the stability later. I pressed the fusible interfacing to the collar stand front facing and hem of the jacket and sleeves. ( this is where I truly needed a different weight interfacing)

So now it's time to sew. For this first attempt I think I will use the written instructions. BTW you are seeing my adjustment to the back piece.  Lowered the waist line.

Till next time


No comments: