Finished Butterick B5147- The Jacket
For this Jacket i made a few alterations. First i started out NOT using any tailoring methods and 3/4 thru the project i realized that the interfacing and some other small items were needed. So i added Hair Canvas interfacing to the hems and the button areas . I also added Shoulder Pads, A Back Stay and two darts to the back shoulder. I also Understitched the lining and blind hem stitched the Hem of the Jacket & Sleeves. As you can tell in the photo I had a fight with button hole#2. My Buttonholer when on strike 1/2 way thru Button Hole #2 after a yelling match and some bribes the buttonholer behaved on buttonhole #3. I promised i removed all of those stitches on #2 3 times and then finally gave up on fixing it. I am very disturbed with button hole #2. Anyway.....I chose ecru buttons for my jacket and to be honest they disappear on the cloth. I will need to wait until i determine the matching dress/skirt before deciding on changing the buttons.
Again this jacket pattern is very easy and i would say you get a lot of Bang for your Buck if you use a Brocade, Jacquard or other elaborate print. Because of the simplicity the fabric is your design piece. My alterations were simple i basically did a FBA and lowered the hem by 3". So what do you think. I am rather proud of my elaborate jacket and can't wait to made the dress/skirt to go with it.