Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Jacket Butterick B5147 -Part 3

So far I have stitched the darts side seams and shoulders. I have also cut out the lining. Now here is where I go lazy. I cut the Lining In a 24,which fits great but it shows the bagginess of the jacket. More on that later.

I did a fitting and oh my goodness it's HUGE. You know how you can just look at a garment and know it will fit like when your in Nordstrom or Macy's looking at knit tops. Ok back to the blog........,

With the broad back adjustment i had to add a dart at the shoulder in the muslin this was fine but in my fabric I look like I have a bone sticking out OMG really........ So I made a deeper dart the shoulder seam matched but now I have a hump. So I looked at my adjustment again and I now realize the broad back adjustment is just simply too much. But I forge on with the hump and bone.

I decide to take the back darts in and adjust the center back seam to bring in the bagginess. But now I have created a princess's seam with darts in the back and the center back seamlooks like i am a size negative zero. ok reallY! My jacket looks like skelator ( pause here for mental picture). So what do I do now. Keep moving on ! yep .......really I decide to keep on moving thru this humped back skelator jacket knowing I need major adjustments.

The positive is that the Collar lays really nice. I was afraid that it would be all in my neck and face but it is not. It looks very nice, very ASL for Tahari(Macy's).

At this point I adjust my sleeves by enlarging by 1/2" for this i used the pivot and slide technique. I also carved out some of the front and back armhole on the jacket so that it lays better and allows for movability.

To the diva den.







No comments: